COMPLICATED VERSION OF NUTCASE

A STORY UNFOLDING A LIFE


~~~THE LIFE AND TIMES OF DAVE~~~

Sunday, February 13, 2011

Survival....


“It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change.” –Charles Darwin.

The quote above, was from the man behind the secret of evolution of man itself. You’ve got to give him credit for it. The guy’s a genius. And it’s funny how quotes like this, which were quoted so long ago actually apply to the modern day world. I’m not talking about evolution physically, but psychologically. Change is inevitable. The only consistent thing that happens in a human’s life, is change, regardless of whether it is welcome or not. We can’t control change. We can’t control what happens to us on a daily basis. We can’t possibly foresee the changes that are about to take place, unless, of course you’re a person with psychic abilities. Well if you are. Then good for you. The rest of us, including myself, are normal human beings who have no idea how, or when, change takes place. We’re all susceptible to it.


At some point, everyone is going to change. Some call it growing up. I call it adapting. Which is what this whole post is about. Most of us are bad at accepting change. When I say most of us, I particularly mean myself. I’m resistant to change. I give it my all to keep change out of my life. I spend months, if not weeks trying to accept a simple blatant fact. And I realized, that’s not very healthy. If I kept on doing that, I’ve just limited my mental and physical barriers to what is and not what will be. I realized, that everyone experiences loads of changes in life. Educational, in and out of relationships, divorces, marriages, travel, death, life, new clothes, throwing out old ones, stacking memories to the back of the mind, relishing old memories, making new ones and the list goes on. All of those is change. And to survive, we have to adapt to it. Think of it as a game. That’s how I’m dealing with it on a daily basis. I thought I could never go another day, when I had my first heart break, when I first failed the most important paper of my life, when people I love walked out on me, when everything just seems like a vacuum. And then I started adapting. I started pushing away feelings into this numb void. A void that I never opened up, if I could help it.


Sooner or later, my mind began to accept what my heart couldn’t. And I moved on. And so I survived. You must be thinking, what is he talking about. We’re all surviving. We’re all alive. That’s where you could probably be wrong. We’re all alive, in the literal sense that we have oxygen to keep breathing and a heart that pumps. But I used to die, and suffocate internally on a daily basis. I used to welcome pain to succumb me whenever I’m at my weakest point. Then I fought back. When I learnt to accept. I adapted. I underwent change to adapt myself to the situations around me, the ones I couldn’t accept. Then I stopped dying. I stopped suffocating. I started to breathe. I started to live. I started to SURVIVE.

P/S: Changing to to a better way of living is essential...
If nothing ever changed, there'd be no butterflies. LOL... CHEERS~~~

No comments:

Post a Comment